We are pleased to announce the club will re-open on Wednesday 2 December. We are still waiting for the updated guidelines from the LTA, but from the information available so far (https://www.lta.org.uk/about-us/tennis-news/news-and-opinion/general-news/2020/march/coronavirus-covid-19—latest-advice/) the rules will be similar to pre-lockdown. The indoor courts remain closed at present to complete the repairs following the flooding in August.
We will be sending out the new keypad number separately. This will give access to the rear gate and backdoor of clubhouse as pre lockdown.
Below is a reminder of the main guidelines for social play outdoors. These are intended to ensure that Tennis activity can be enjoyed in a way that is in line with Government and LTA advice, and helps to prevent the spread of COVID-19. They include measures to limit hand to shared surface contact and minimise unnecessary interactions with others.
- Please do continue to sanitise your hands regularly at the Club.
- For all ages you can play both singles and doubles with any household outdoors. (Rule of 6 applies if playing in groups in social play or if spectating).
- Please remember to stay two metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or one metre apart with extra precautions, such as face masks.
- The Clubhouse is open for the use of the toilet only.
- It is mandatory for all members and guests to wear a mask or face covering inside the Clubhouse. Please bring one with you when visiting the Club. This does not apply if you have a medical exemption which prevents you wearing a mask.
- All courts must be booked online – No turn up and play allowed, as we need to know who is playing on the courts.
- Use your own clearly marked (preferably new) tennis balls. Avoid using your hands to pick up tennis balls that aren’t yours – use your racket/foot to hit/kick them to your opponent or to return them to another court.
- Please do not try to adjust the height of the net. It has been set at the correct height already.
- Please contact the coaches directly to book individual lessons.
- NHS COVID-19 QR Code – In line with the government guidance around NHS Test and Trace, we have our unique QR code for the Club to use with the NHS COVID-19 app. If you have the app on your smartphone, please scan the QR code when you visit the Club to enable Test and Trace capabilities to be followed. The Club’s QR code is displayed to the left of the main entrance to the Clubhouse.
IMPORTANT: Do not leave your home to play tennis if Government advice means you should stay at home because you or someone you live with has or has had symptoms of COVID-19, or you are in the most vulnerable category and have been advised to shield from the coronavirus.
Enjoy your tennis and we look forward to seeing everyone back on the courts on Wednesday!