The Government put the Surrey area except for the Waverley region into a new Tier 4 level on 20 December. The LTA has provided the following update as to what this means for tennis:
- Outdoor tennis courts can remain open for individual exercise, and for people to use with others within your household, support bubble, or with one person from another household
- Organised outdoor sport for under 18s and disabled people will be allowed to continue in larger numbers
This means that only the following activities can take place between adult members:
- Singles between members of different households
- Singles and doubles between members of the same household or social bubble
All adult Club organised mix-ins and coach led sessions are suspended until further notice.
The Junior Club night will continue, sessions restart from 8th January 2021
All external competition matches with other Clubs are suspended.
The following Coaching activities can continue:
- Adult one to one coaching only (no group adult coaching)
- Under 18 group coaching as before
Travel to the Club – Unless we update you otherwise, only members from within the Surrey Tier 4 area (all Surrey except Waverley) can travel to play at the Club . The Government’s list of legally allowed exemptions for travel between a Tier 4 area outside the Surrey area has not yet been published.
Acting Membership Secretary
On behalf of the Board